Calling all Platform Operations Managers, we want to hear from you!!
Three years ago, we identified a special cluster of brands and called them quality artisan brands. They comply with 4 selection criteria: quality, craftsmanship, story, and impact. They've been called aspiration economy or purpose-led brands, and we believe they are the future of the fashion, furniture, and lifestyle industries.
We are now looking to hire a Platform Operations Manager, to join our team. As our Platform Operations Manager, you will take on a variety of strategic, operational, and analytical projects to drive the next stage of growth and scalability for our marketplace.
Working cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Commercial, Finance and Customer Service teams, the Operations function at Bombinate is responsible for making sure we execute efficiently and most importantly always with the satisfaction of both of our two customers in mind - the brands that sell with us and our customers receiving the products.
What you’ll be doing as Platform Operations Manager:
The Platform Operations Manager oversees the fulfilment of our orders by the brands we work with. Key goals of the role are that orders get shipped on time, reduce the costs involved with the shipping and keep the number of returns and refunds to a minimum.
As such, the Platform Operations Manager is responsible for integrating our brands’ order fulfilment and inventory management systems and processes with ours. Building and maintaining relationships with the relevant 3rd party providers we work with and is the internal subject matter expert when it comes to advising on our technical integrations, shipping solutions and international customs and duty regulations.
The Platform Operations Manager will manage 1 direct report with room to grow the team over time.
Key areas of focus are:
- Creating an exceptional integration experience for the brands that sell on our platform.
- Ensuring smooth and efficient order, fulfilment and billing processes for our customers and brands through furthering our automation.
- Building out our suite of shipping, tracking, carrier, and label solutions.
- Working closely with our 3rd party providers to ensure we always use the best solutions available to us.
- Influencing the development of our product and tech roadmap effectively to drive operational priorities.
- Regular reporting and optimisation of our operational KPIs.
- Ensuring regular documentation of our operational processes.
What experience, skills and traits do I need?
- Ideally, you’ve previously worked in a marketplace, e-commerce or (international) transport-related business and love operations.
- You are savvy with technology and bring a wealth of experience from previous roles of integrating and working with 3rd party solutions in the eCommerce space such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Big Commerce, Channel Advisor, Magento, Wix, Jetti or similar.
- You are used to creating, analysing, reviewing, and using data on a regular basis to make decisions.
- You will bring knowledge in international shipping and transport matters and have an astute interest in optimising processes and finding long term solutions whilst allowing for tactical changes alike.
- Previous experience with VAT and Duties & Taxes regulations will be ideal to have for this role.
- Having previously worked with or for carriers like DHL, UPS, FedEx, Parcelforce or similar will also be of advantage.
- Several years of experience in a Product Owner, Operational or Account Management type role.
- Cross-functional and organisational skills to deliver results.
- Customer-, process-, technology- and systems-oriented.
- Self-motivated and not scared of taking a high level of responsibility in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- SQL knowledge would be advantageous.
- Positive attitude - team player and resilient in the face of challenges, ambiguity, and change.
What you get in return:
- Exciting projects in the operations space of a scaling marketplace
- An unparalleled opportunity to grow and learn within a scaling company and the opportunity to make an impact from day 1
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 25 days holiday, which increases by 1 day with each year at Bombinate.
- Generous Bombinate employee discounts to help you bring your wardrobe & home to life.
- We trust you to work the schedule that’s most productive for you and your teammates.
- We believe in remote teams, so you'll have the opportunity to work from home or wherever you want. The Bombinate team is currently spread across (🇨🇭 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇦🇹 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇵🇹).
- Mac/Chromebook, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. You need it, we'll get it.
- Regular team socials.
- Coaching & Mentoring, to help you with your development, our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same.
Why choose Bombinate:
- Bombinate is on a mission to empower people and brands to transition towards quality and sustainable lifestyles.
- Bombinate began with a simple idea - the discovery of quality craftsmanship brands - and grew to become a fully-fledged family of brand founders, entrepreneurs, and craftsmen.
- Our intent with Bombinate is to unite different perspectives of quality into a single story; we won’t rest until we’ve unearthed the very best craftsmanship brands out there.
- We are backed by some of the leading European luxury & tech investors (Made, Revolut, Uber, Richemont, Mr Porter, Founders Factory) and are poised to solidify our awareness in the UK and expand across Europe.
- We've assembled a team of ambitious and passionate people with experience at some of the leading eCommerce/marketplace companies out there (Amazon, Notonthehighstreet.com, Clippings, Asos, Farfetch, Touch Of Modern)
Bombinate has built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we embrace diversity - if in doubt, just apply.
Key Words: Platform Ops Manager, Operations Manager, OnBoaring Manager, Technical Manager, Operations, Account Manager, eCommerce, Marketplace, Jetti, DHL, UPS, FedEx, Parcelforce, Technical Account Manager, Fulfilment Manager