Calling all Marketing and Growth leaders, we want to hear from you!
Bombinate is looking for an experienced Marketing/Growth leader to analytically lead our marketing strategy to drive growth and brand awareness. The ideal candidate is execution-focused with a sharp eye for detail and is a well-spoken leader who can thoughtfully lead across teams. As part of the Executive Leadership Team and reporting to the CEO, this role will suit someone with experience in scaling an online marketplace post-Series A.
This opportunity will suit somebody either as an experienced Chief Marketing Officer or Marketing Director who's ready to take the next step.
What you’ll be doing as Chief Marketing Officer:
- Create, implement and drive multi-channel marketing and growth strategies to drive growth (customer acquisition, revenue, and market share) in our current and new markets
- P&L ownership, effectively managing marketing spend in line with the growth and business strategy and make a positive impact on our P&L
- Performance analysis of all channels and identify key success metrics
- Optimise the best working channels to grow the user base
- Maintain constant awareness of market positioning amongst competitors, using data and insight to suggest creative and bold ways to improve the brand proposition within the market
- Be a customer champion, spearheading robust data-driven initiatives to grow overall reach and optimise each stage of the customer journey
- Hire, manage and nurture a high performing, cross-functional team, encouraging collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Provide forecasting and reporting of performance to the CEO and wider executive team
You’ll be leading a dedicated team of marketing experts who focus on:
- Performance Marketing
- Social media
- Brand & Comms
- CRM & Retention
Your Experience / Traits:
- You have a breadth of experience across the marketing spectrum
- Customer-centricity and data-driven approach - you will have a passion for understanding and exceeding the expectations of brands and customers, and use data to make the right decisions. KPI and metrics-driven; aligns business needs, customer insights and product strategy
- Culture, mission and values fit - you will embody the company culture and be passionate about helping it achieve its vision. You will be humble, self-starting, positive, high-energy, collaborative and action-oriented with entrepreneurial flair
- People leadership and strong communication skills - you will be a strong leader, coach and manager, with a proven track record in attracting, recruiting, managing and developing outstanding talent
- You have 10+ years of demonstrable hands-on experience in marketing and or growth, ideally having worked in a high-growth marketplace or online retailer / ecommerce businesses, having seen and experienced the highs and lows and be able to utilise this knowledge to support and be a part of Bombinates future growth
- Excellent collaborator with “roll up your sleeves” management approach
- A start-up mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 25 days holiday plus an additional day for each year, plus public holidays
- Generous equity plan
- Access to our new benefits being implemented later this year
- The freedom to work the way you want (office, remote, mix) and flexible hours (we trust you)
- Generous Bombinate employee discounts to help you bring your wardrobe & home to life
- Your perfect setup - Mac/Chromebook, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. You need it, we'll get it.
- Team socials and development / learning opportunities
- Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment - lots of opportunities for creativity and testing
Why choose Bombinate:
- Bombinate is on a mission to empower people and brands to transition towards a quality and sustainable lifestyle.
- Bombinate began with a simple idea - the discovery of quality craftsmanship brands - and grew to become a fully-fledged family of brand founders, entrepreneurs, and craftsmen.
- Our intent with Bombinate is to unite different perspectives of quality into a single story; we won’t rest until we’ve unearthed the very best craftsmanship brands out there.
- We are backed by some of the leading European luxury & tech investors (Made, Revolut, Uber, Richemont, Mr Porter, Founders Factory) and are poised to solidify our awareness in the UK and expand across Europe.
- We've assembled a team of ambitious and passionate people with experience at some of the leading Ecommerce/marketplace companies out there (Amazon, Clippings, Asos, Farfetch, Touch Of Modern)
Bombinate has built a dynamic, collaborative culture in which we hire and develop smart, driven people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and we spur each other on to raise the bar of success.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, and we embrace diversity - if in doubt, just apply.
Key words: Marketing, Growth, Growth Marketing, Executive, VP, Director, CGO, CMO, Chief Growth Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Start-up, Marketplace, Online, Ecommerce, E-Commerce, E-Com, Brand, Content, Comms, Strategy, Online Marketplace