What’s the opportunity?
Do you want to help define what data means at Bombinate? As one of our first data elements, you'll be instrumental in setting what our data strategy looks like as we grow the business and doing hands-on work to execute against it.
There will be significant variations from one day to the next, but whether you're exploring what a successful Bombinate brand is, building out a core activity data set, or creating a model to deliver insights to various teams, you'll absolutely be having impact on the direction of the business.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll set the foundation for what data means at Bombinate, determining how we balance product intuition with analytical rigor.
- Interpret business rules and considerations, to transform raw data into an analytics-ready shape.
- Provide clean, transformed data sets to end users, empowering them to answer business questions more effectively.
- Work with team leads to understand data requirements.
- Write production-quality ELT code with a focus on performance and maintainability.
- Understand the performance indicators of the business.
- Maintain data documentation and definitions.
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain team dashboards, help with insights work and improve data literacy across the company.
- Build models to understand and predict things like user growth, product engagement, conversion, churn, and more.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years of work experience as an Analytics Engineer, Data Engineer, Data Analyst or Data Scientist.
- Proficient in data analytics (dashboards, reports, data insights)
- Proficient in SQL - you have no problem regularly leveraging window functions, UDFs, self-joins, and other complex SQL functions to accomplish your data analysis goals.
- Experienced in data modelling and in setting up a data warehousing solution.
- Experienced in ELT design and implementation.
- Talented in storytelling, visual and written communication.
- Experienced in our data stack (Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT, Metabase)
- Proficient in Python or R.
- Previous exposure to an e-commerce or marketplace busines
- 25 days holiday. Increase by 1 day with each year at Bombinate
- Equity & Pension
- Bombinate discounts to help you bring your wardrobe and home to life
- Flexible hours - we trust you to work the schedule that's most productive for you and your teammates
- Remote work options - we believe in remote teams so you'll have the opportunity to work from home or wherever you want. The Bombinate team is currently spread across (🇨🇭 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇦🇹 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇵🇹)
- Thinking big - we’d like you to be part of one or two days a year when we take time out to think about social trends and how Bombinate should grow as the world evolves around us
- Your perfect setup - Mac/Windows, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. You need it, we'll get it
- Plus new benefits coming out later this year
We are Bombinate
- Bombinate is on a mission to empower people and brands to transition towards a quality and sustainable lifestyle.
- Bombinate began with a simple idea - the discovery of quality craftsmanship brands - and grew to become a fully fledged family of brand founders, entrepreneurs, and craftsmen.
- Our intent with Bombinate is to unite different perspectives of quality into a single story; we won’t rest until we’ve unearthed the very best craftsmanship brands out there.
- We are backed by some of the leading European luxury & tech investors (Made, Revolut, Uber, Richemont, Mr Porter, Founders Factory) and are poised to solidify our awareness in the UK and expand across Europe.
- We've assembled a team of ambitious and passionate people with experience at some of the leading Ecommerce/marketplace companies out there (Amazon, Clippings, Asos, Farfetch, Touch Of Modern)
Sounds good? Don't wait and apply today