Bombinate is on a mission to build the leading platform connecting quality craftsmanship&lifestyle brands to modern luxury consumers.
The company has attracted over 200 brands from 12 countries, growing our customer base and revenue nearly tenfold every quarter. We are backed by some of the leading European luxury&tech investors and are poised to solidify our awareness in the UK and expand across Europe.
Bombinate began with a simple idea - the discovery of quality craftsmanship brands - and grew to become a fully fledged family of brand founders, entrepreneurs, and craftsmen.
Our intent with Bombinate is to unite different perspectives of quality into a single story; we won’t rest until we’ve unearthed the very best craftsmanship brands out there.
What’s the opportunity?
This is an opportunity to join one of the UK's most exciting and popular new platforms as it starts to expand.
Only a year and a half into launching the platform online, Bombinate has attracted a loyal following of men&women who care deeply about quality. What is more, the brand ecosystem is recognising the role Bombinate is playing in spearheading the movement towards ethical manufacture, conscious consumption and great design.
The opportunity has the potential to scale rapidly, building our platform for customers and brands.
What will the job involve?
- Working with product managers to design and build modern, scalable, robust applications in the cloud
- Performance optimisation and profiling
Who we’re looking for:
- Previously worked in multidisciplinary digital teams.
- Familiar with agile practices, iterative development, daily standups, code reviews, pair programming, user stories, scope creep, continuous integration (just knowing what they are is good enough if you’re motivated to learn on the job).
- Some experience exploring architectural design concerns.
- Familiar with code refactoring techniques and best practices which uphold code quality.
- REST APIs
- Unit & integration testing
Experience of one or more of the following, bonus points:
- Next.js (other frameworks also considered)
- PostgreSQL (or other relational DB)
- React Testing Library
This role is for you if you want to...
- assist with and sometimes lead the resolution of challenging engineering problems
- develop and improve productive habits
- share your knowledge and skills
- develop your mentoring skills
What does success in this role look like?
Within the first 2 weeks, prepare your first bug fix for production release. Within the first 3 months, help to deliver frontend (React) projects, write tests, author code reviews. In the following year, help to recruit new team members and be responsible for mentoring them and accelerating their progress and also achieve some of your personal stretch goals.